Friday, November 6, 2009

In response to Candy's comment on my last post...

Candy's questions regarding my last post are in Red and my response is in white.

where on South 9th Street?
A couple blocks past the 9th street bridge. We're on the right side of the street.

Is it at a certain place? or just set up shop somewhere outside? There's a strip of cement that we "set up shop" which is some tables and chairs.

Is it mobile, just moving down the street?
I guess we're mobile but we do not move down the street...They set up in the same place every Friday at 10:30am.

Also, "Hot chocolate or a cadillac"? I'm pretty sure I made it clear in the post what a cadillac is; it's coffee with chocolate in it.

YPN = Young People Now? Youth Pastors Network. All the folks who work with youth here in Modesto get together once a week to catch up, talk about struggles, good stuff that goin on, etc.

(Also potentially a point of interest = one of the drop-down searches on Google for "Youth With A Mission" is "Youth With A Mission cult"! Suffice to say, I'm sure the peeps you're working with are cool, but it's very interesting reading about the controversies!).
YWAM is not a cult although I'm sure some people would argue that it is.

New Hope sounds pretty cool, as does Chris (you say he journeyed here; where'd he come from?). I'm not going to tell his whole story on here...but he ultimately came from Kentucky, then spent time in Canada, some jaunts in Thailand and is now in Modesto.

Although I suppose I'm not quite clear on the church part- how do they send out the message to non-churchgoing people that they're a community church available for use? Or am I misinterpreting what community church means- is it more along the lines of people from other churches can use it without having to be part of the church?
I also feel as if I made this mildly, at the least, clear in my post...the whole example...people in the COMMUNITY can use the church for a birthday. And a church becomes a community church mostly by word of mouth and by getting to know folks.


No comments: