Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Progress is impossible without change; and those who cannot change their minds, cannot change anything. - George Bernard Shaw

I'm feeling a bit depressed so if that's what you sense from this post then you've been warned as to why.

I hate to admit it but I really don't like when things change in my little world. It's bad enough when you sign onto Facebook in the middle of the day and the format has been changed, after you've been on there several times that morning and it was delightfully regular. But, for me those things I can adjust to rather quickly, it's other things that are changing right now in my life that aren't as easy to get accustomed to.

So, here's a few things that are changing here at the ministry house that I live in;
Patty is moved out.
Devan is moved out.
Kevin is moved out.

That's a lot of people moving. It is especially going to be hard with Kevin gone. I have known that Devan and Patty are moving out and thankfully Patty is just down the street but Kevin just decided to move out. He's preparing to move onto seminary down in L.A and needs to save money so he's decided to say the $325 and move in with his parents until he decides whether he's going to leave in January or in the summer time.

It's kinda crazy that I care so much that he's moving out. We've only known each other since June when I moved back to Modesto, but since then we've spent a lot of time together while figuring out how best to serve the ministry house and in what direction we'd like to see the houses move, plus in all that time just getting to know each other as brother and sister in Christ. And I can say without a shadow of a doubt that he's become a very good brother and friend. I don't care that he says that he'll, "be around" it's not the same :(

And now it shall be interesting to see where the houses go. Kevin and I will continue to work on the logistical paper work but after that is when the real fun begins. So, please pray for God's will in the direction and vision of the house.

And with this whole changing thing...sometimes I don't really like myself changing. It's easier to just be the same, not change the way you think or act. Then people don't have to adjust to your new ideas or the new way you behave. Of course, I don't agree with this. I wouldn't want to go back to the days before college and before God really got ahold of me, but there are those moments when no one gets me and actually make fun of me or get mad at me and for just a second I wonder if it's worth it...but then I have a great conversation with a friend who gets me or start reading the Bible and am reminded of how much I've grown and what God has done in my life and I thank HIM for it!

2 comments:

Candy said...

Are new people coming in? Otherwise, I feel like the house must be pretty dang empty now (or maybe not your house specifically, but the group, ya know)!

I don't think it's crazy you care so much- from everything I can see, it seems like you guys were really close in the good way that happens when you both have the same outlook and enthusiasm and can share that. Sucks that he's going :(

Who is making fun of you, buddy? I will go after them with my car to run 'em down, and then you can pull one of these and they shall realize "Whoa, Bethany is deserving only of love and respect." And really, when someone starts to get all up on ya, I think you should remind them how lucky they are that you're not a Satanist, and that if they don't like the way you preach God's love, you can always leave them to their [supposedly correct] way and instead start being a poster girl for the devil. Seriously. Speaking in devilish and all. :)

Bethany said...

Ah, my dearest friend. I love you! Thank you for always sticking up for me. You may not give amazingly awesome gifts but these are the moments that make up for it (a little, at least) hehe :)

And we're down to 2 guys and 4 girls, including me. So, yea it's getting sparse.

And I'll keep your ideas in mind. Since some folks already think I speak devilish your idea may work :)